Sunday, October 17, 2010

Spare the Reader, Not the Writer

Three Blinks.001Call me crazy, but I believe a good story gets better when retold by others.

How often have you read a fictional book and thought, “Well that was stupid,” when in your judgment the author took a wrong turn. Here’s your chance to stop and fix problems before you plop down hard earned money for a piece of pulp.

Last year I participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) You begin writing November 1 and the goal is to write a 50,000-word novel by midnight, November 30. I achieved that goal with a story I titled "Three Blinks and a Sigh". As is so often the case with people, I did nothing else with the output of that effort. For someone who makes his living helping others achieve their goals, this is tragic.

To remedy that I’m going public with my early draft fiction writing, one chapter at a time and with your help it will be a strong, satisfying story that you and hundreds of thousands of others would gladly buy for themselves and three or four of their closest friends.

Here’s your chance to spare the reader, not the writer. VISIT the new READER FEEDBACKpage on my website karlbimshas.com and CLICK the orange JOIN button. ADD your email and click SUBMIT, this will bring you to a registration page for a variety of interests. At the bottom you’ll see  a check box for my novella, Three Blinks and a Sigh - Feedback, CHECK THAT (and any others you’re interested in) and you’ll receive notice when a new chapter is posted.

Under all the chapters is a Feedback Survey form you can easily fill out right on the site. Use it for each chapter you read, or save it for your thoughts on the entire book! It’s up to you.

Writing is serious business, but this is meant to be fun for you and me. If you’re a writer, you know sharing early drafts can be gut wrenching. If you’re a reader, you always find something you’d like to improve. There’s no guarantee I’ll use all your suggestions, but you can bet I want to hear all of them.

If you’re a writer or a reader, or even both, I hope you’ll join in on the fun. The first chapter will be posted soon so JOIN NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment