Tuesday, November 15, 2011

18 Lame Excuses and Their No Nonsense Remedies That Will Help You Grow

Here are eighteen lame excuses I've heard, and given a few times, and no nonsense remedies that will help you grow and get your next great goal.


  1. I don’t know what my passion is. If you know you want to do something, but don’t know what, figure out where you’ve been spending your time and money over the last three months. Start there.

  2. I don’t know what I can contribute. When you strip out the noise, the only thing you can really contribute to anything is your own perspective, and that’s invaluable.

  3. I don’t have enough education. Let me Google that for you. Don’t have a computer? Go to a library and start learning.

  4. I don’t know any of the right people. They are probably on Twitter, Facebook, or Linkedin. Find them, or the people who know them.

  5. I don’t have enough money. Someone does, money is everywhere. Focus on finding the right buyer.

  6. I think it’s too hard. So what? If it were too easy, you wouldn’t bother.

  7. Someone else is already doing it. It doesn’t matter, they are not you. They don’t have your perspective and set of experiences. Competition makes you better.

  8. I don’t know where to start. It’s a two part process; Someplace, and Now.

  9. I don’t know if anyone will care. Start with you. All that matters initially is that you care. People follow leaders who care.

  10. I haven’t done this before. Everything you do now was once something you hadn’t done before.

  11. I don’t think I’m that good. Give yourself permission to get better or delegate.

  12. I’ll do it later. No, you probably won’t. You haven’t yet. Revisit #8.

  13. I don’t think I can commit right now. What date can you commit?

  14. There are too many obstacles. Then you’re probably on to something. Great stories, and great lives, always have conflict.

  15. I did everything I could think of. Probably not everything, just the things you wanted to do. Keep at it. Do it again, but different this time.

  16. I’m too tired for this. Structure your day to include eating, exercising, resting, playing and working. Everyday you will be simultaneously exhausted and energized.

  17. It doesn’t “feel” right to me. Feelings are often used as an excuses to not do something your head knows is right. Feelings are important in their own right, so don’t saddle them as an alibi for inaction.

  18. I’m worried people will think I’m crazy. That’s called innovation, embrace it. Be one of the crazy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment