Ask yourself, “Why are you still here?” Keep probing until one or more of the three intrinsic motivators are revealed.
- For personal development,
- Because of enriching experiences with others
- Or to work on leaving a legacy.
Why are you still here?
Now define your primary learning style.
- Is it Action-Oriented? Are you likely to roll up your sleeves and get to it, preferring to learn through trial and error?
- Are you People-Oriented? Do you like to confer with others who may have experienced the problem prior to you?
- Or are you Information-Oriented? Are you among the first to look for the training manual or some type of documentation you can refer to frequently?
What is your primary learning style.
It’s important to recognize that in business you need to be equally successful in three areas, Customer Satisfaction, Employee Satisfaction and Profitable Revenue Growth. These are the three legs to the stool that you are resting your career on. If the stool is wobbling - fix a leg before you fall off.
In which of these areas do you feel you could make the greatest positive impact?
Now, review all the choices that you made and answer the question, “What am I going to do in the tomorrow to get started?”
Review your answers.
Find linkages and hold yourself to your commitments. Be open to the answers and make it your mission to accomplish the requests of anyone brave enough to provide you with honest feedback
Next up: “Fix What’s Wrong”
Share your comments, progress or tips on the blog, on the Karl Bimshas Consulting page on Facebook or on Twitter using the #whiner21 tag.